Friday, May 30, 2008

A lifetime's wait!!

"Ye vayasulo mucchata aa vayasulone teerchukovaali" goes a famous telugu saying which translates to "You have enjoy each of the phases in your life only while you are in it"

Till a few days back, i still believed i'm kiddish enough to realise those long-back dreamt, still-remembered childhood dreams. One of my female friends recently said "You are still a kid!" :P and this saying made me believe that i'm still a kid.
But recently, very recently i came to know that relatives in my village have started talking of my marriage.
I was like "C'mon, child marriage is illegal.. You semi-educated, brainless, marriage hurried **** *********, how can you marry me off at such a tender age".
slowly, the hair over my head started it's journey down west
Kids in the neighborhood started addressing me as "uncle"

Now i'm really scared that i'm getting older (orkut shows i'm 21! :O) as the time ticks! and i might just get old before realizing the long-dreamt, still-remembered childhood dreams.

so... i'm archiving my wishes if in case, just in case i couldn't relish them in this life, i can refer to them in my next life which probably would be a virtual one where people marry on shaadi.com by clicking the button "MARRY NOW" and have children by clicking on ad that reads "Want a smart, cute baby who goes on to become chief scientist in NASA and marries miss norway?
"CLICK HERE"

whatever.. here's the list of things of long-dreamt, still-remembered dreams!

- Wear a police uniform (complete with hat and belt) and tuck in auto-reload 34.4 muscle .22 glock commando (never mind, it's sold during srinamanavami in our village for rs.10 and is nick named erra police gun)

- Go to the tuition (Every kid in the neighborhood takes the lamp (thanks to the 14hr/day powercuts) and goes to the tuitions. As an outsider i always believed and still believe that i'm missing out on all the fun and i still don't know the fact that they're actually slogging in there

- Propose to my maths teacher
I am smart,
she is hot,
what else do you want

- Race the car with a bicycle
I still remember the summer afternoon when the cyclewallah overtook our school van and managed to keep the lead over a strech of 7km highway en route my home to school. That day on he was my hero and i dreamt of only one thing day in and day out. I saved the 100 bucks given by my grandmother for diwali to buy a new "gear cycle" (brand didn't really matter) to defeat the honda city of my neighboring uncle.

- Kick the bheemboy of our class
There is this guy named bheemboy who used to bully us all the time and once he won a battle of 1 vs 11 where he's pitted against the rest of the class. Since then i started eating pizzas, chicken, prawns and grown so huge so that i could kick him strongly one day.

- score 1506 (251) 0*4, 251*6 in an ODI
I didn't knew that there was a no-ball and i could score runs in it. so 1506 or what i call at heptaple triple century is what i've always dreamt of and is the reason why i still play cricket at 2A.M

3 comments:

Arun Kumar Reddy said...

you want your kid to marry miss norway???
i hear something fishy :O

Phoenix said...

:) such a cute innocent post...childhood dreams are so pure..

Anonymous said...

Interesting wishes...nice post...hope u get to do most of what you have dreamt of :)