Monday, July 10, 2006

The beautiful game

"Beauty is in the eye of the onlooker" said some one named anonymous.
But the beauty of this beautiful game is always beautiful...The above statement is as true as confusing it is.
For those who don't know what the beautiful game is
It is the game played by humans with the world in an 8-inch diameter(courtesy espn)
It is the game that enlightened and rejoiced more lives than those it destroyed(one being mine :( )
It is the game that made me pay 10bucks for a TV repair..(I would prefer enjoy it with friams bought from that 10 bucks)
It is the game that made me sit back on a weird shaeped tubes of 2 months and made my father's pocket leaky(not once but twice did this 8-inched moster puncture my dad's pocket)
Despite all this this is the game i love the most and many would prefer the "i" to be replaced my "many" so that they could fit in as well.

Yesterday's final was just a "complete" display of "the game" and i guess someone(there are many) who are seeing football for the first time could not ask for more....they've definately got more than what they wanted....They can go 60 years down in a time machine and boast with their great-grand children..."you know i saw a world cup final match"
Ofcourse it was a final match and so it was pitted to be a nerve-wrecking match that turned out to be the other way round(not exactly, but still...) It ate nearly 150 minutes of my valuable time.(I would have dreamt of hell lot of dreams in this time). OH shit! why did i say ate??? I am feeling hungry...will continue in next post...

1 comment:

Deepu said...

Dont worry there were quiet a few new comers yesterday..

I overheard one of our dear batchmates coming 15 mins into the game and asking someone " Arey is Zidane Playing?"

and they dont need to wait for their grand children to brag about their watching the final.. I heard him advising his roomie this morning " Arey why watch movies whole day rey.. sometimes come and watch football. it is a great sport"..

Buh Bye for now..